- The best way to start to pack up your goods is one room at a time.
- Label your cartons well with details of the contents as well as the room name.
- Place heavy items in small cartons so that they are easy to lift and move.
- Pictures, paintings and mirrors, protect with bubble wrap or wrapping paper as appropriate, then pack individually in picture or flat pack cartons.
- To save money and time, prior to the Removalist arriving, strip down bed frames, bedheads, modular lounges, outdoor tables etc. and anything else that can be dismantled. Keep all of the screws and brackets in a box and keep easily access for re-assembly.
Books, documents and paper files
Pack books flat and preferably in book boxes as they become heavy to move. Pack documents and paper files flat into archive boxes securing the lids where necessary.
Electrical Items are best packed in the manufacturer's packaging. Other suitable cartons can be sourced from our Box Shop. Make sure electronic items are packed dry and clean. The items, where appropriate, should be wrapped with bubble wrap or paper to protect them. . Fill gaps in your boxes with linen or packing paper to stop them from moving around when they are in transit. Cartons should be labelled "fragile" and placed so that they will not tip or fall over.
Fragile and breakable items
Place bubble wrap or a protecting layer at the bottom and top of your boxes. Wrap items individually using packing paper or bubble wrap as appropriate. Fill gaps in your boxes with linen or packing paper to stop them from moving around when they are in transit. Label your box with Fragile stickers. Make sure your boxes are strong and secure.
Protect your furniture with covers, making sure that your furniture is clean and dry before covering. Cushions and other soft furnishings should be wrapped or covered with plastic. Beds and other furniture, where appropriate, should be dismantled and items wrapped individually to protect them. All mattresses should be covered with mattress protectors.
Furniture Tools, Mowers and Other Machinery
- Tools and machinery are generally heavy so it is important to pack them in strong small boxes. Empty all oil and petrol from machinery.
- Ensure all petrol and oil is emptied from all machinery before storing
- Ensure all gas bottles are emptied before storing
Then all that is left to do is
- Organize a clean of your old premises
- Pick up keys for your new address
- Return keys for your old address
Arrange disconnection and reconnection of the services you need
- Telephone and internet
- Pay TV
Cancel all deliveries or redirect deliveries to your new address
- Gas Bottles
Other people to notify of your new address
- Post Office to redirect your mail
- Insurer to move your insurance cover
- Transport department for driver's license and vehicle registration
- Banks for statements and contact details
- Department of Social Security (i.e. pension or family payments etc.)
- Australian Electoral Office
- Medicare and Health Insurance Provider
- Club Memberships
If you need help, just ask!
Remember our friendly and experienced staff are there to help you if you require any assistance or have any questions. Contact us now so we can help make your Storage, Moving or Packing easy and flexible.
Items which should not be stored include
- Petrol and gasoline
- Paints and thinners
- Solvents, chlorine and acids
- All combustible and explosive items
- Any illegal or stolen items
- Living and perishable items including plants
- All hazardous products and items